In 2020, the federal government spent more than $665 billion on contracts—an increase of over $70 billion from the previous fiscal year. To help position our clients for success in the expanding federal market, Michael Best’s government relations, consulting, and legal advisors work as one team.
Our team works with clients through every step of the procurement process. We provide seamless coordination and collaboration, with each other and each client, to help businesses identify, pursue, and win government contracts.
What We Do
Michael Best Strategies leads all government relations services related to branding, education, and advocacy with Congress and policy leaders in federal agencies. We help our clients build relationships with congressional and agency leaders, advocate for funding of federal programs central to our clients’ interests, and equip clients with the tools needed for success.
- Developing a strategic plan to engage with the federal government
- Conducting a federal market analysis
- Advocating for program authorization and funding
- Building relationships with congressional and agency leaders
- Branding and education before government leaders
- Intelligence gathering and monitoring procurement opportunities
By leading a cross-functional team that includes our strategic partners and strong relationships across the procurement industry, we provide integrated services designed to help you succeed. For contractors as well as subcontractors, we advise on efforts to obtain a variety of agreements with government entities.
Our strategic partners are subject-matter experts who work with our clients through the business development and sales processes for the federal government. They are respected and trusted former procurement executives who know federal agencies’ procurement priorities, how purchasing decisions are made, how to navigate rules on ethics and procurement integrity, and how to strategically position our clients throughout the complex federal sales process.
- Conducting market research and intelligence
- Developing a go-to-market plan
- Developing business opportunities and providing sales support
- Developing marketing materials
- Building relationships with procurement stakeholders
- Developing bid proposals
- Advising on administrative requirements and business certifications
Our legal team represents clients throughout the process leading from bid to contract to post-award compliance. When the need arises, we also represent clients in litigation and dispute resolution.
- Agency rules and regulations
- Bid protests
- Contract changes, disputes, and terminations
- Contract formation and structure
- Direct and indirect procurement
- Employment-related requirements
- Fraud enforcement mechanisms
- Government investigations
- Intellectual property protection
- Rated contracts
- Rulemaking input
- Trade issues
- Types of procurements/government contracts
The law firm of Michael Best & Friedrich LLP and the consulting firm of Michael Best Strategies LLC are affiliated entities that provide distinct services.