From visa processing to harmonizing employment practices across international borders, Michael Best provides the full spectrum of immigration-related legal services. We help clients meet their needs for employee mobility, hiring, and retention of workers from around the world while fully complying with all relevant regulations.
Our team can help you address immigration matters such as:
- Temporary visas, including the B (business), TN (NAFTA trade), H (foreign professional worker), L (intra-company transferee), O (extraordinary ability), F (student), J (exchange visitor), R-1 (religious workers), and E (treaty-trader/investor) visa categories
- Employment-based permanent residence, including Permanent Labor Certification (PERM) processing, PERM Special Handling, PERM audits, National Interest Waivers, outstanding researcher/professor, and exceptional ability petitions
- Form I-9, E-Verify, and Social Security number issues
- Visa processing at U.S. consulates worldwide for all visa categories, including non-immigrant and immigrant visas
- Immigration-related procedures for corporate restructuring, including mergers and acquisitions
- Naturalization and citizenship
- Visas and employment authorizations for U.S.-based employees to travel and work outside of the United States
- International and U.S. tax implications related to a variety of situations, including the assignment of employees abroad and the hiring of foreign persons to work in the United States
- Development of immigration strategies for collaborative efforts regarding economic development, technology transfer, research initiatives, and export control protocol
We also offer certain value-added services at no cost, including presentations and training on immigration topics, client email alerts on relevant legal developments, and quarterly status reports delivered via conference call or spreadsheet.
Experienced in establishing international operations, we routinely counsel U.S. companies regarding immigration and employment authorization issues in Canada, Europe, Latin America, and Asia. In addition to our own highly experienced attorneys and paralegals, our firm membership in both Lex Mundi and the Employment Law Alliance allows us to coordinate our counsel with outstanding law firms in 160 countries.