Jeff’s practice focuses on a variety of commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and general business law. Jeff also advises clients on business planning issues such as entity selection and formation; and business planning and succession.
Jeff is active in his community and serves on a number of nonprofit Boards of Directors and committees.
Before attending law school, he worked in the international banking and wire transfer department of a large regional bank.
- Represents clients in varied industries, including manufacturing, chemical, service, sporting goods, food and beverage, and retail.
- Represents both buyers and sellers in M&A transactions ranging in size from $100,000 to $50 million. Handles due diligence, drafting and negotiating purchase agreements and all related ancillary documents, and transaction closings.
- Regularly represents businesses on a broad range of contract issues, including:
- Supply Agreements
- Requirements and Output Agreements
- Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Terms and Conditions of Purchase
- Distribution and Dealer Agreements
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Sales Representative Agreements
- Service Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Indemnity Agreements
- International or Cross-Border Agreements
- Counsels small to medium-size businesses on succession planning, including drafting of shareholder and operating agreements and related documents
- Assisted clients in raising $1 million to $3 million in capital, drafting Private Placement Memorandums, Subscription Agreements, Operating Agreements, and related offering documents
- Handles a variety of general business matters for clients, including consignment arrangements and financing and workout issues
- Acted as outside general counsel to businesses during transitions in their legal departments
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Manitowoc County Bar Association