Jason’s clients value his responsiveness and ability to find solutions for complicated transactions. He counsels clients on mergers and acquisitions, and works with lenders and borrowers in structuring and negotiating financial transactions. Jason is also experienced in federal and state securities law compliance and in forming and financing startup businesses.
Prior to joining the firm Jason practiced as a corporate attorney and as a tax attorney with Davis Polk & Wardwell. He also worked with the legal group of Deutsche Asset Management, a division of Deutsche Bank.
- Represented several disparate real estate owners whose properties were combined in a single real estate transaction of $50 million
- Represented a client owning many single family properties in purchases, sales and refinancing, involving several loans ranging from $10 million to $38 million
- Represented an equipment lessor in a $100 million syndicated borrowing from U.S. and foreign banks
- Represented a private company in its sale to a private equity group for purchase price in excess of $100 million
- Represented a private company in negotiating and structuring a credit facility in excess of $150 million
- Represented the seller of an aviation business in its sale to a private equity group with a valuation in excess of $40 million
- Represented private equity groups in multiple acquisitions of companies in the consumer technology, food processing, nutritional supplements, pet products, and other industries
Honors & Recognitions
- Leading Corporate/M&A Lawyer, Chambers USA, 2021-Present
- Up & Coming, Corporate/M&A, Chambers USA, 2019, 2020
- Named Client Service All-Star by BTI Consulting Group, Inc., 2018
- Utah Legal Elite, Corporate Law & Transactions, Utah Business magazine, 2016-present
- Member, American Bar Association