Michel manages the financial, operational, and administrative functions of Michael Best’s Transactional practice group. She also leads the firm’s Practice Management team.
She guides and supports the firm’s strategic and operational goals, drawing on her years spent in public accounting to bring experience in improving processes, financial and profitability analysis, and realizing business objectives to her work for Michael Best.
As a comprehensive business partner, Michel has:
- Partners with practice group chairs and subgroup leaders to develop leadership goals, evaluate attorney performance, develop bonus plans and compensation adjustments, establish billing rates and budget revenue targets, and manage expenses
- Collaborates with the accounting and billing department to manage receivables and work-in-process
- Ensures adequate support across service areas by collaborating with finance, business development, marketing, information technology, and human resources
- Monitors the professional development of attorneys, engineers, and staff
- Assists with the development and oversight of the EDGE internship program
- Coordinates with the recruiting manager to identify practice group staffing needs
- Serves on steering committees for implementations of project management software, accounting software, docketing software, and Lean Six Sigma efforts
Previously, Michel spent 13 years as a certified public accountant and audit manager at a national accounting firm. She has held a director position at WOAMTEC, a networking group for businesswomen.