Michel manages the financial, operational and administrative functions of the Intellectual Property practice group. Her role supports the firm’s strategic and operational goals. Michel draws on her years spent in public accounting to bring experience in improving processes, financial and profitability analysis, and realizing business objectives to her work for Michael Best.
As a comprehensive business partner, Michel has:
- Partnered with the practice group chair and deputies to develop leadership goals, evaluate attorney performance, develop bonus plans and compensation adjustments, establish billing rates and budget revenue targets, and manage expenses
- Collaborated with the accounting and billing department to manage receivables and work-in-process
- Ensured adequate support across service areas by collaborating with finance, business development, marketing, information technology and human resources
- Monitored the professional development of attorneys, engineers and staff
- Assisted in the development and oversight of the EDGE program
- Coordinated with the recruiting manager to identify practice group staffing needs
- Served on steering committees for implementations of project management software, accounting software, docketing software and lean six sigma efforts
Previously, Michel spent 13 years as a certified public accountant and audit manager at a national accounting firm. She has held a director position at WOAMTEC, a networking group for businesswomen.