Melinda represents companies in commercial matters with a focus on defending asbestos and silica product liability claims. She draws on her experience across business sectors and issues that include insurance coverage, risk management, railroad, leasing, and entertainment. Melinda also has experience assisting individuals as they pursue and defend personal injury and civil sex offense cases.
In the pro bono area, Melinda advocates for inmates who appear before the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole by preparing them for hearings and submitting written memoranda on their behalf.
Representative matters include:
- Banyan Investment Company, LLC v. Steven Evans, et al., 2012 UT App. 333.
- Jackson v. Mateus, 2003 UT 18
- West v. Holley, 2004 UT 97
- Normandeau v. Hanson Equipment, Inc. 2007 UT App. 382, cert. granted, 2009 UT 44
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers®, Women in the Law (Salt Lake City, UT), Insurance Law, 2022-Present
- Utah Legal Elite, Civil Litigation, Utah Business magazine, 2019
- Utah Legal Elite, Family Law, Utah Business magazine, 2015-2016, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Litigation - Insurance, 2015-present
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Utah State Bar
- Member, Washington State Bar
- Member, Women Lawyers of Utah
- Former Chair, BYU Alumni Women’s Law Forum