Eric is known for his extensive experience in energy, water, and environmental matters, particularly the regulation of utilities at both the state and federal levels.
He helps clients with regulatory filings and issues before state public utility commissions, local utility districts, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), and Regional Transmission Organizations (RTOs).
Eric also devotes considerable time to assisting utilities and other entities in thinking about the opportunities provided by new federal laws and new technologies, including those relating to renewable energy.
Representative matters include:
- Advising, representing, and litigating on behalf of a variety of investor-owned utilities, independent power producers, and large industrial clients on regulatory issues before the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSCW) and the Iowa Utilities Board
- Representing energy companies and large industrial users in negotiations and energy purchase agreements with utilities
- Advocating on behalf of large water users in PSCW rate cases
- Negotiating and drafting all necessary intergovernmental agreements to facilitate the sale and purchase of water and wastewater services between local units of government
- Representing and counseling an RTO through a FERC audit