Eric is known for his extensive experience in energy and environmental matters, particularly the regulation of utilities at both the state and federal levels.
He helps clients with regulatory filings and issues before state public utility commissions, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) audits and investigations, and electric transmission and Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) policy matters.
Eric also devotes considerable time to assisting utilities and other entities in thinking about the opportunities provided by new federal laws like the Clean Power Plan (CPP) and new technologies, including those relating to renewable energy.
Representative matters include:
- Advising an investor-owned utility on advocacy strategies before an RTO
- Advising a variety of investor-owned utilities on regulatory issues that are arising at the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSCW) and the Iowa Utilities Board.
- Providing legal advice to a small municipal water and wastewater utility, representing it in pre-litigation negotiations
- Representing and counseling an RTO through a FERC audit
- Counseling large energy users on implications of the CPP and related CPP strategies in front of state utility commissions