As a member of the firm’s transactional practice group, Paul focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate, including:
- Representation of clients from sole proprietorships to multiple Fortune 500 companies in complex lease negotiations as both landlord and tenant
- Representation of buyers and sellers of commercial property and agricultural land through all aspects of the purchase and sale process, including negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, coordination and review of due diligence, title and survey review, drafting and review of closing documents, and closing
- Representation of clients in negotiations with governmental entities involving re-zoning, public financing, and numerous other entitlements and approvals
Prior to joining the firm, Paul worked for over ten years as a broker with CB Richard Ellis (CBRE), the world’s largest commercial real estate services provider. During law school, he interned with Governor Scott Walker, Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Annette Ziegler, and U.S. Magistrate Judge Aaron Goodstein.
During his time at Michael Best, Paul has successfully represented his clients in numerous, diverse, and complex real estate transactions, a small sampling of which includes the following:
- Representation of buyer of 2,000+ acres in one of the largest industrial developments in U.S. History.
- Representation of institutional real estate investor in the purchase of dozens of agricultural properties throughout the United States, comprising several hundred thousand acres with a combined value in excess of $200 million
- Representation of developer of new dairy farm housing 5,000+ cows, including land acquisition, nutrient easements, zoning, and entitlements.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in 100+ commercial leases since 2013, including multiple corporate headquarters and key operational facilities.
- Representation of buyers and sellers of multiple net leased investment properties valued in the tens of millions of dollars.
Honors & Recognitions
- Affiliate of the Year, CARW, 2019
- Finalist, Jenkins Honors Moot Court Competition, 2013
- Board of Directors, Commercial Association of Realtors of Wisconsin