Keith is a trusted legal counsel to faith-based organizations nationwide and a principled advocate for his business clients’ most demanding disputes. Large churches, religious leaders, state and national denominations, and philanthropic ministries turn to Keith for sound counsel and representation. Business leaders and shareholders seek Keith’s guidance and tenacious advocacy when internal and external disputes arise. They value his prompt and informed counsel.
Keith is a problem solver. Having represented numerous clients intertwined in significant turmoil, with their organization’s survival often contingent on the outcome, Keith has the foresight and experience to effectively guide his clients to a successful outcome. Keith garners a deep understanding of his clients’ innerworkings and objectives to guide and advocate for his clients in and out of the courtroom.
Keith’s business litigation practice focuses on representing businesses and shareholders in a host of complex disputes, including:
- Breach of contract/lease
- Financial fraud and mismanagement
- Corporate acquisition disputes
- Shareholder disputes for closely-held and larger organizations
- Internal investigations
- Construction disputes
- Real property disputes
- Non-competition disputes
As outside counsel to numerous religious organizations, Keith’s faith-based legal practice spans the spectrum, including:
- Litigation involving defamation, abuse, internal member conflict, and breach of contract
- Reporting and responding to allegations of abuse
- Internal investigations involving leader/staff wrongdoing
- Church Mergers & Acquisitions
- Restructuring Bylaws & Constitution
- General corporate counsel
During law school, Keith served as the Chairman of his school’s nationally ranked Moot Court Board, externed for the Honorable Wallace Dixon (M.D.N.C.), and clerked for the Honorable Walter Kelley, Federal District Court Judge in the Eastern District of Virginia.
Although based in the firm’s growing Raleigh office, Keith frequently travels throughout the country for client needs and speaking engagements.