Jud represents management in all phases of employment law, including issues related to discrimination and harassment, wage and hour, family and medical leave, employment contracts, non-compete agreements, criminal background checks, and affirmative action. Jud regularly assists employers in investigating and responding to charges of discrimination and advises clients on the avoidance and/or management of litigation in these areas.
Jud also has extensive experience in traditional labor relations, including assisting employers that are facing charges of unfair labor practices, union organizing, picketing, strikes, etc. Jud assists companies across the country in navigating complex labor-related matters.
Jud frequently represents clients before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, and the Department of Labor. His background also includes three years as an adjunct professor at the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University, where his course focused on the drafting of transactional documents such as employment contracts and settlement agreements.
Recent cases include:
- Representing a medical device manufacturer in North Carolina state court, Jud prevailed in dismissing a breach of employment case and was awarded attorneys’ fees
- Representing a pharmacy in federal court, he prevailed on summary judgment in a case alleging Title VII discrimination
- Representing a nursing home before the Utah Antidiscrimination and Labor Division, he achieved a voluntary dismissal following a motion for summary judgment in a case alleging age discrimination
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Employment Law – Management, 2021
- Mountain States Super Lawyer, Employment & Labor, 2019-present
- Mountain States Super Lawyer, Rising Stars, Employment Litigation: Defense, Employment & Labor: Employer, 2017- 2018
- Utah Legal Elite, Labor & Employment, Utah Business magazine, 2018-present
- Ohio State Bar Association Award, Meritorious Scholarship in Labor and Employment
- Member, Society of Human Resource Management
- Member, J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Member, American Bar Association