Clients call on Hamang for guidance on the federal, state and local tax and business law issues stemming from complex business transactions. His strategic counsel encompasses mergers and acquisitions, tax-free reorganizations, spin-offs, new market tax credit financings, historic tax credit financings, partnerships and joint ventures, REIT acquisitions, real estate transactions, and renewable energy tax incentives. Hamang additionally focuses his practice on general corporate and limited liability company matters, as well as the negotiation and structuring of sophisticated, high-ticket M&A, and venture capital transactions.
Hamang’s experience includes:
- Representing sellers and buyers in the tax-efficient acquisition and sales of companies and operating divisions in industries ranging from life sciences and manufacturing to computer science and food service
- Structuring and negotiating new market tax credit financings
- Structuring and creating joint ventures between United States and European companies to market and manufacture high-tech products in the U.S.
- Representing companies and executives in the reorganization of corporations and partnerships to meet operational and tax needs and succession planning goals
- Representing institutional investors in connection with investments in hedge and private equity funds