Ashley is an experienced patent agent and former biomedical researcher who uses her broad technical background to provide careful and detailed work in prosecuting and preparing patent applications.
She earned her Ph.D. in the area of cell biology, neurobiology, and anatomy, with a focus in neuroimmunology and broad experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, electrophysiology, cell culture, animal models, and surgical techniques. While pursuing her Ph.D., Ashley spent nearly five years leading and managing pre-clinical neuroimmunology research projects aimed at discovering novel therapeutic strategies for treating pain disorders.
During her graduate studies, Ashley served as a Technology Transfer intern at the Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin for more than two years, where she gained considerable experience with invention evaluation, prior art searching, patentability analysis, and patent drafting strategies. Ashley later completed Michael Best’s EDGE internship program before joining the firm as a patent scientist and becoming a patent agent.
From the foregoing experiences, Ashley has an in-depth understanding of patent preparation and prosecution in many technology areas, including therapeutics, drug repurposing, pharmaceuticals, and diagnostics. In particular, these areas include:
- Bio-therapeutic compositions and methods of treatment for pain, inflammation, autoimmune diseases, mood disorders, genetic disorders, cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, etc.
- Food and beverage manufacture and compositions
- Cell and tissue culture methods and devices
- Psychedelic compositions and methods of use
- Cannabis compositions and methods of use
- Gene editing technologies
- Vaccines and adjuvants
- Agricultural remediation
- Water purification