OSHA’s focus on construction is constant and ever expanding. Beyond established rules, there are new challenges employers encounter seemingly every day. On the jobsite, employees face challenges like heat hazards, poor air quality, workplace violence, and mental health issues. How should you handle these issues, in addition to making sure employees follow existing safety protocol? This informal webinar will discuss these issues and OSHA’s developing approach, as well as other employment issues they entail. Additionally, we will address issues like the risks of using independent contractors (or at least you think they are), employee misconduct, and the shift in OSHA’s approach to repeat violators. Join us for this webinar to ensure you understand the top issues you should know about—but might not.
- Independent Contractors—it takes more than a 1099.
- General Duty Clause citations as a catch-all.
- Severe Violator Enforcement Program.
- Employee Misconduct Defense—how to best position your company.
- Heat Hazards—have you prepared?
- Multi-employer Liability—understanding the risk.
We will apply for CLE credit in WI, CO, IL, NC, TX, UT, and VA (if applicable). If you are seeking CLE credit, please provide the applicable state(s) and bar number(s) in the registration form.