Are you prepared for 2023’s Form I-9 changes? In addition to a new proposed Form I-9 and Instructions, the Department of Homeland Security recently confirmed that COVID-19 I-9 flexibilities will end on July 31, 2023. Form I-9 documents that were reviewed virtually for remote workers must be physically examined by August 30, 2023, with corresponding I-9s updated to reflect the in-person review. This session will cover these important changes as well as best practices for work authorization compliance. Specific topics include:
- Post-COVID document inspection requirements and common questions
- Solutions for remote worker challenges
- Anticipated changes to the new Form I-9
- Strategies for Form I-9 compliance and internal audits
- E-Verify updates and Next Gen E-Verify
We will apply for CLE credit in WI, CO, IL, NC, TX, UT, and VA (if applicable). If you are seeking CLE credit, please provide the applicable state(s) and bar number(s) in the registration form.