In today’s increasingly globalized world, businesses need a strategic legal partner to help them capitalize on opportunities and avoid costly pitfalls when doing business internationally. Michael Best’s lawyers have experience advising both U.S. companies doing business abroad and international clients seeking to expand into the U.S.
Successfully operating a global business requires counsel who can seamlessly navigate across legal systems, regulations, and cultural norms. We work with clients across the globe and have particular experience in North America, Asia, and Australia. We are multi-lingual and multi-cultural. Our clients include a wide range of large international corporations, as well as mid-sized businesses, start-ups, non-profits, and other entities.
As a full-service law firm with deep industry experience and a record of success around the globe, we partner with international clients to understand the full scope of their legal needs. We assist companies with:
- Corporate transactional matters across M&A, private equity, and finance.
- Intellectual property and the protection of a company’s assets across trademark and IP including Section 337 proceeds before the US International Trade Commission.
- Employment and immigration laws and its application to U.S. and international business operations.
- Import and export Section 232 and 301 trade actions and tax regulations across various industries and geographic regions.
- Supply chain management customs regulations, and trade agreement policies.
- Appropriation filing services on investments that apply to the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
- Anti-dumping (AD) and countervailing duties (CVD) that apply to foreign manufacturers, and U.S. International Trade Commission and the U.S. Department of Commerce petitions.
- Litigation across contract negotiation, intellectual property protection, and dispute resolution.
Whether you are looking to expand the international footprint of your U.S.-based business, or gain entry into the U.S. market, Michael Best’s legal team is ready to assist you.
U.S. businesses looking to enter the Japanese market and Japanese companies expanding operations in the U.S. benefit from counsel with an understanding of the laws and regulations, as well as the governmental and cultural nuances which impact the ease of doing business on both sides of the Pacific.
Michael Best is just that firm. We have deep ties in the U.S. and Japan. Our team is bilingual and multicultural, we are knowledgeable about the underlying market conditions which affect the business climate in both countries.
Japan Practice Overview
Lex Mundi Network
In addition to our experience counseling clients in more than 100 nations around the world, we maintain a close network of trusted foreign associates, and are the exclusive Wisconsin member firm of Lex Mundi – the world’s leading network of independent law firms with in-depth experience in numerous countries worldwide. As part of the Lex Mundi global network, we can provide our clients with preferred access to more than 21,000 lawyers around the world – all from a single point of contact. Individually, each Lex Mundi member firm is a leader in its local market. Collectively, Lex Mundi firms provide global legal resources with unmatched depth and breadth. Working with other Lex Mundi firms, we are able to seamlessly handle our clients’ most challenging cross-border transactions and disputes.