Victor represents clients in a broad scope of litigation matters in both state and federal courts. His experience encompasses pre-suit investigations, motion practice, discovery, mediation, trial work, and collecting on judgments.
Victor has achieved successful outcomes for individuals and business clients in litigation involving restrictive covenants, trade secrets, unfair competition, contractual disputes, torts, insurance, subrogation, and real estate.
In the area of general commercial litigation, Victor has:
- Obtained injunctive relief and favorable settlements for numerous clients in cases involving former employees' violations of non-compete agreements and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Successfully defended numerous clients by defeating motions for temporary restraining orders and injunctions in cases involving alleged violations of restrictive covenants and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national life insurance company related to claims brought by an insured for breach of contract and duty of good faith and fair dealing.
- Successfully represented a minority owner of a family moving business in a business dissolution dispute. The matter was resolved through settlement on favorable terms for the client after years of litigation.
- Served as second chair during a three-day bench trial, resulting in dismissal of a claim brought against a national bank for a violation of Wisconsin mortgage lending laws. The claim was dismissed at the close of the plaintiffs’ case on the bank’s motion to dismiss.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Commercial Litigation, 2021-Present
- The Midwest’s Best Lawyers©, Commercial Litigation, 2021
- Recognized for seven consecutive years (2014-2020) on the “Wisconsin Rising Stars” list in the area of Business Litigation by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Wisconsin Pro Bono Honor Society, 2015, 2018
- Michael Best Litigation Practice Group Pro Bono Award, 2013
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Member, Milwaukee Bar Association
- Member, Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association
- Associate, Thomas E. Fairchild American Inn of Court, 2014-2017