Victor represents clients in a broad scope of litigation matters in both state and federal courts. His experience in all facets of pre- and post-trial litigation encompasses pre-suit investigations and discovery, mediation, motion practice, and collecting on judgments.
Victor has achieved successful outcomes for individuals and corporate clients in litigation involving commercial torts, contract disputes, contested foreclosures, insurance, real estate, unfair competition, and trade secrets.
In the area of general commercial litigation, Victor has:
- Successfully obtained injunctive relief and favorable settlements for a number of clients involving former employees' violations of non-compete agreements and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national life insurance company related to claims brought by an insured for breach of contract and duty of good faith and fair dealing.
- Successfully represented a minority owner of a family moving business in a business dissolution dispute. The matter was resolved through settlement on favorable terms for the client after years of litigation.
- Served as second chair during a three-day bench trial, resulting in dismissal of a claim brought against a national bank for a violation of Wisconsin mortgage lending laws. The claim was dismissed at the close of the plaintiffs’ case on the bank’s motion to dismiss.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a professional parking management company, resulting in a finding of no liability for contribution, indemnification, or any other form of relief for the co-defendant’s alleged breach of a retail facility lease in a multi-million dollar dispute.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Commercial Litigation, 2021
- The Midwest’s Best Lawyers©, Commercial Litigation, 2021
- Wisconsin “Rising Stars” list, Super Lawyers, 2014-present
- Wisconsin Pro Bono Honor Society, 2015, 2018
- Michael Best Litigation Practice Group Pro Bono Award, 2013
- Associate, Thomas E. Fairchild American Inn of Court, 2014-2017
- Member, American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Member, Milwaukee Bar Association
- Member, Wisconsin State Bar Association