Eric advises clients in all areas of labor and employment law. With a practice that is national in scope, he is particularly active in litigating matters involving trade secrets, non-competition agreements and related disputes.
Eric has a nationally recognized practice in the area of contingent labor and regularly prepares and reviews policies, procedures and contracts and litigates contested matters for users and providers of temporary employees, consultants, independent contractors and other contingent talent. Eric also counsels public and private colleges and universities on student and faculty issues, contracting and other matters, as well as in a wide range of state and federal litigation matters.
As Coordinator of the firm’s Trade Secret and Non-competition Group, Eric advises clients on litigation and litigation prevention strategies, contract drafting and review, and trade secret protection practices. Eric is a prominent national speaker and writer and regularly presents and writes on employment law topics.
- On behalf of a manufacturer, in a state court trade secret dispute, obtained an outcome valued in excess of $1 million
- Represented a national company in a win in federal court regarding a trade secret dispute valued over $500,000
- Represented a manufacturer before a state court which resulted in obtaining an injunction on a non-compete dispute
- Argued successfully, before the Wisconsin Supreme Court, a non-competition case: Wysocki v. Farm Credit Services
Honors & Recognitions
- “Lawyer of the Year” (Milwaukee area), Employment Law - Individuals, The Best Lawyers in America©, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Employment Law – Individuals, Employment Law – Management, Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2012-Present
- The Midwest’s Best Lawyers©, Employment Law – Individuals, Employment Law – Management, Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2021
- Leading Labor & Employment Lawyer, Chambers USA, 2017, 2019-Present
- Staffing Industry Analysts rank Eric as 100 most influential people in the industry in its “Staffing 100” list, 2013-2014, 2016-2018, 2020
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Milwaukee Bar Association
- Member, National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA)