Jordan represents founders, start-ups, investors, and executives, helping them navigate all aspects of the corporate life cycle, including venture capital Series A-Z equity rounds, convertible note and SAFE financings, business formations, founders agreements, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, securities law compliance, and commercial technology transactions.
Jordan focuses his practice in the technology sector, including the areas of ecommerce (direct-to-consumer and consumer packaged goods), Software as a Service (SaaS), Social Media and Influencers, Internet of Things, Sustainable Energy, Life Sciences (biotechnology and medical devices), and more.
Before joining Michael Best, he led the tech start-up and venture capital group in the Chicago office of McDonald Hopkins, a Midwest law firm. Earlier in his career, Jordan was an associate with Fenwick & West in San Francisco for three years. He also spent four years at Kirkland & Ellis in New York City, where he worked in their technology start-up, private equity, and M&A practice groups
Jordan has represented clients in the following previous transactions:
- Represented Catch Co., leader in fishing e-commerce, as lead counsel in multiple financings, including its $38 million Series B financing, and in its acquisition of PostFly.
- Represented GRAIL, Inc., leader in early cancer detection technology, as lead counsel in its $300M Series C financing and $425 million Series D financing. Also served as point associate in GRAIL’s $900M Series B financing, and in its acquisition of Cirina Limited.
- Represented GRAIL, Inc., leader in early cancer detection technology, on certain corporate governance matters in connection with its $7.1 billion sale to Illumina, Inc.
- Represented Fluxa, Inc. as lead counsel in its $5 million Series A financing.
- Represented Energize Ventures as lead counsel in its venture financing investments in Sitetracker, Fast Radius and Smartcar.
- Represented Hyde Park Ventures in its venture financing investment in HData, Inc.
- Represented Wingspan Networks, Inc., a software platform for freelancers to manage their businesses, as lead counsel in its seed financing.
- Represented Mad Rabbit Tattoo, Inc., leader in tattoo after-care e-commerce, as lead counsel in its $2 million Series Seed financing.
- Represented 1Konnection Technologies, Inc., a software platform for senior facility real estate, as lead counsel in its seed financing.
- Represented Something Navy, Inc., a well-known consumer and influencer brand, as lead counsel in its $10 million financing.
- Represented Forager Group, Inc., a leading cross-border logistics and software platform, as lead counsel in its $3.25 million Series Seed financing, its $10 million Series A financing, and in its sale to Arrive Logistics.
- Represented LegalPartners, a platform for law firm staffing services, as lead counsel in its sale and recapitalization to Eureka Equity Partners.
- Represented Winston Privacy, Inc., a privacy solutions platform, as lead counsel in its seed financing.
- Represented Samsara Networks Inc., a creator of internet connected sensor systems, in its $25 million Series A financing, in its $14 million Series B financing, and in its $40 million Series C financing.
- Represented Uber Technologies, Inc. in its acquisition of Shadowmaps, Inc., an urban mapping algorithm developer.
- Represented Spansion Inc., a semiconductor maker, in its $4 billion merger with Cypress Semiconductor Corporation.
- Represented Quantifind, Inc., an on-demand insights platform, in its $30 million financing.
- Represented Stormpath, Inc., a powerful identity API platform, in its $15 million Series B financing.
- Represented Cisco Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in networking, in its acquisition of Metacloud, Inc.
- Represented FanDuel Inc., the (then) largest one-day fantasy sports operator, in its acquisition of AlphaDraft.
- Represented Zuora, Inc., an enterprise subscription management and pricing implementation software, in its acquisition of Frontleaf, Inc.
- Represented FX Alliance, an electronic foreign exchange trading and data platform, in its $700 million sale (effectuated by public tender offer) to Thomson Reuters.
- Represented 3i Group plc and its portfolio company Mold-Masters in the CAD$975 million sale of Mold-Masters, a provider of plastics molding systems, to Milacron LLC.
- Represented Apax Partners in its $2 billion dual-leveraged acquisition of Epicor Software (effectuated by public tender offer) and Activant Group, software solution providers.
- Represented Catterton Partners in its growth equity investment in Ainsworth Pet Nutrition, Inc., a leader in pet food licensing, manufacturing, and distribution.
- Represented TZP Group in its acquisition of Thing5, a provider of cloud-based and hosted communications services to the hospitality industry.
- Represented Boeing in its acquisition of Miro Technologies, a provider of innovative asset and supply chain management software.
- Represented Catterton Partners in its acquisition of CorePower Yoga, a leading U.S. yoga studio operator.
- Represented Deliv, Inc., a leading crowdsourced, last mile delivery company, in its acquisition of Zipments Corp.
- Represented ABRY Partners in its acquisition of Xand Corporation, a provider of data center and cloud services, and Xand’s subsequent merger with Access Northeast.
- Represented CINGroup in its acquisition of Best Case, a bankruptcy software provider, from Wolters Kluwer.
- Represented ABRY Partners in its buyout of York Risk Services Group, Ohio’s largest third-party administrator of insurance claims, and subsequent add-on acquisitions of Avizent and CareWorks.
- Represented dozens more early-stage startups, investors and executives on dozens of other confidential Series A-F financings, convertible note, SAFE, Series Seed financings, acquisitions, fund formations and executive compensation packages.
Honors & Recognitions
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2020-present
- Member, American Bar Association