Michael Best’s sophisticated and multifaceted Debt Finance practice serves clients in a wide variety of transactions and industries, offering extensive skills and knowledge in the U.S. and international debt markets.
Our attorneys work with investment banks, governmental issuers, venture capital firms, private equity sponsors, commercial banks, public and private companies, and both institutional and individual investors. We are adept at putting together creative financing structures that rely on complex credit profiles. We represent clients in connection with both high-yield and investment-grade municipal bond offerings, corporate debt securities, venture debt financings, leveraged buyouts, mezzanine financings, collateralized debt obligations, various types of real estate financings, complex debt restructurings, and the formation of debt funds, among many other types of debt-related transactions. We also frequently represent commercial banks throughout the United States in connection with their derivatives product lines. Clients benefit from our deep and diverse bench of experience as well as our cost-conscious approach.
Our capabilities include:
- Disclosure counsel and underwriter’s counsel in connection with high-yield and investment grade municipal bond offerings
- Debt Fund formation
- Corporate bond issuances
- 144A debt placements (convertible and high-yield bonds) and traditional private placements
- Leveraged acquisition and recapitalization transactions
- Investment grade lending and acquisition finance
- Purchase and sale of individual loans and loan portfolios
- Intercreditor agreements, loan syndications, and participations
- Alternative debt capital sources and alternative debt arrangements
- We additionally provide counsel on a broad range of tax matters related to debt financings