Tod Linstroth is a past member and Chair of the firm’s Management Committee and a senior partner in the firm’s Transactional Group. He serves as lead corporate counsel to many significant traditional corporate and technology-based clients, and co-founded the firm’s Venture Best® venture practice. Tod's experience as lead counsel includes a broad range of complex transactions which include corporate financings, leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions (involving public and private companies), divestitures, recapitalizations, securities offerings, corporate structure, and corporate governance. Tod has been published many times and is a frequent speaker at both legal and business education forums.
- Representation of MSI Systems Integrators, Inc. (a $440 million IT service company) in connection with its cash and stock tax-free merger with Sirius Computer Solutions, Inc.
- Representation of Berbee Information Networks Corporation ($390 million IT services company) in connection with its “cash-out” merger with CDW Corporation
- Representation of Promega Corporation in connection with its purchase of substantially all of the assets of JBL Scientific, Inc. (a subsidiary of New York-based Genta, Inc.) and Cortex Biochem, Inc.
- Representation of Pleasant Company and its shareholders in connection with the $700 million sale of The Pleasant Company (“American Girl”) to Mattel, Inc.
- Representation of United States Manufacturing Company in connection with its recapitalization involving three private equity companies and its purchase of substantially all the assets of Seattle Orthopedic Group
- Representation of RotoZip Corporation ($200 million custom tool design and manufacturer) and its shareholders in the sale of substantially all assets to Robert Bosch Corporation
- Representation of Marshall Erdman & Associates (a $220 million design build firm in the health care sector) and its shareholders in connection with its sale to Parade Acquisition Corp
Honors & Recognitions
- Leading Corporate/M&A Lawyer,Chambers USA, 2003-present
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Corporate Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Venture Capital Law, 1989-present
- The Midwest’s Best Lawyers©, Corporate Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Venture Capital Law, 2021
- "Lawyer of the Year" (Madison Area), Corporate Law, 2011
- "Wisconsin Super Lawyers" list, Super Lawyers magazine, 2005-2010
- VIP of Madison area civic-minded executives, In Business magazine, 2006-2008
- Member/Secretary/General Counsel, Board of Directors, Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce, 2002-present
- Member/Past Chairman, Board of Directors, The Wisconsin Technology Council, Inc., 2001-2013
- Member/President, Wisconsin Life Sciences Conference and Venture Fair, 1997-2013
- Member, Governor Scott McCallum’s Biotech Roundtable, 2000-2002
- Member/Secretary, Board of Directors, Governor Thompson’s Science and Technology Council, 1992-1995