Steven works closely with the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group Manager to help manage the financial, operational, and administrative functions of the IP practice group.
He works in collaboration with practice group leadership to set goals and budgets, implement technology solutions, identify staffing needs, and support professional development for attorneys, technical practitioners, and staff. His role supports the firm’s strategic and operational goals.
As a comprehensive business partner, Steven:
- Partners with the Practice Group Chair to evaluate attorney performance, set compensation strategy, establish billing rates, budget practice group revenue, manage expenses, and improve client profitability.
- Partners with the firm’s accounting department to manage the billing and accounts payable processes and to resolve collections issues.
- Ensures adequate support across service areas by collaborating with finance, business development, marketing, information technology, and human resources departments.
- Assists in the professional development of attorneys, engineers, and staff.
- Coordinates with the Recruiting Manager to fulfill practice group staffing needs.
Prior to joining Michael Best, Steven gained extensive experience in financial analysis and management at a global public relations company, where he assisted with budgeting, staffing and financial analysis. Previously, he also served as an accountant for a global concierge company.