Clients rely on Sheldon for two-pronged strategic counsel. He collaborates with them to not only protect their intellectual property, but also to help them use their evolving IP assets to promote – and realize – their strategic business goals. While his practice focuses on patent prosecution and portfolio management with electrical-based products, Sheldon also has significant experience with electromagnetic, biomedical, computer, and communications-related innovations and products.
Sheldon’s notably high patent prosecution success rate is attributable, in part, to his training as an electrical engineer, which gives him a deep understanding of the intricate technical challenges facing client innovators in fields ranging from theater lighting and medical devices to air cleaning systems and electric motors.
Sheldon partners with clients to:
- Create, develop and maintain their patent and IP portfolios.
- Minimize exposure to competitors’ IP portfolios.
- Perform due diligence for IP transactions.
- Maximize the value of the IP portfolios.
- Conduct patent searches and perform product clearance work.