Sarah works with clients in the Denver, Salt Lake City and Milwaukee offices from varied family and financial backgrounds on estate planning, business succession, and trust and estate administration matters. The foundation of her practice is the strong relationship she forms with her clients.
She has the ability to make estate planning techniques easy to understand and difficult or sensitive topics easier to discuss. Her clients trust her for confidentiality as well as sound advice.
Her wealth management practice includes:
- Estate planning, including the preparation and implementation of wills, trusts and powers of attorney
- Business succession planning
- Asset protection planning
- Marital Property Agreements/Prenuptial Agreements
- Charitable planning
- Trust and estate administration
She works with clients to devise plans tailored to their needs, utilizing appropriate tax planning techniques to maximize assets transferred to beneficiaries.
Sarah has been recognized for her work by professional organizations including the Financial Planning Association of Southern Wisconsin, which presented her with its Leadership Excellence Award in 2013.
Recognizing that the needs of our wealth planning and family office clients are not limited to one state, Sarah maintains her active practice and client counselling in Colorado, Utah and Wisconsin. In any month, you will see Sarah in each of these offices.
Large taxable estates/trust administrations
Assisted families in resolving conflicts involving estates that held interests in closely held businesses and other entities. Achieved equitable distribution of assets, allowing for some family businesses to continue, and gained favorable I.R.S. estate-tax audits for clients.
Long-term planning for heirs and charitable giving
Assisted a family that had sold its business and was now exploring long-term planning and gifting techniques for family, as well as the incorporation of charitable giving. Assisted with the preparation of tax returns for family members and trusts, a private foundation and other entities they had created. Performed ongoing estate planning review and updates.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Trusts and Estates, 2018-present
- Five Star Estate Planning Attorney, Five Star Professional, 2017-present
- 40 Under 40 recipient, Denver Business Journal, 2019
- Rising Star, Colorado Super Lawyers, 2017, 2018, 2020 – Estate Planning & Probate
- Rising Star, Wisconsin Super Lawyers, 2009, 2012-2016 – Estate Planning & Probate
- Leadership Excellence Award from the Financial Planning Association of Southern Wisconsin, 2013
- Advisory Council Member, Jake Jabs Center for Entrepreneurship, University of Colorado Denver
- Member, Herbert J. Mueller Society of the Greater Milwaukee Foundation
- Member, American Bar Association, Real Property & Probate Section
- Member, Colorado Women's Estate Planning Council
- Membership Committee Member, Financial Planning Association of Colorado
- Member, Colorado Bar Association, Trust and Estate Section
- Member, Utah State Bar
- Member, Women Lawyers of Utah
- Former Trust Committee Member, Life Navigators (formerly ARC of Greater Milwaukee)
- Former President, 2010, and Former Chairman, 2011, Financial Planning Association of Southern Wisconsin
Milwaukee Contact Information
790 N. Water Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202