Clients look to Sara for her efficient approach and creative problem solving related to a diverse range of labor and employment issues. She provides thoughtful analysis in her work counseling employers involved in federal, state, and administrative litigation.
Sara’s areas of concentration encompass:
- Defense against discrimination, retaliation and harassment claims in state and federal court, as well as before agencies, including claims brought under:
- Title VII
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Illinois Human Rights Act
- Advising on the enforceability of restrictive covenants, including non-compete agreements and non-solicitation agreements
- Counsel regarding hidden liabilities of certain employment relationships, such as temporary workers and independent contractors
Prior to joining Michael Best, Sara served as a law clerk for the Honorable Roger Efremsky of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of the Northern District of California. She completed internships with the Los Angeles Sparks of the WNBA and the Rochester (New York) Red Wings, an affiliate of the Minnesota Twins.