Sachiko is an advisor who specializes in assisting the firm’s international clientele. She has a deep understanding of the Japanese business landscape, corporate interests, legal framework, and judicial system. Sachiko is a certified attorney in Japan and the state of New York, as well as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the U.S.
Prior to joining Michael Best, Sachiko worked as a lawyer in Japan, where she developed experience in several areas of law, including:
- Human resource management, including assisting clients with matters related to wage and benefit reform, performance management, work force reduction, and other issues
- Transactional matters including mergers and acquisitions (from due diligence to closing), drafting and negotiating contracts and agreements, and representing clients in the court system with regard to the disclosure of financial and shareholder information
- Regulatory matters including counsel on regulations governing nuclear power generation, such as security standards for the design, placement, and operation of plants, and agreements with local government.
- High-profile litigation relating to securities fraud and financial instruments
- General corporate governance matters including serving as an outside director/statutory auditor