Bob has participated in hundreds of transactions during the course of more than 30 years’ experience in his practice, advising closely held and family-owned U.S. and European (German, Swiss, Polish) clients involved in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, venture capital financings, and other significate business events. His work includes:
- Valuing, structuring, and financing business acquisitions, particularly leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, and equity-sponsored investments
- Guiding clients through the process of investment bank-run auctions
- Preparing clients’ businesses for sale, choosing investment bankers, and negotiating their associated engagement letters
- Structuring and negotiating transactions and forms of financing
- Representing sellers, financial and strategic buyers, venture capital and mezzanine financiers, management groups, and minority owners
- Counseling clients who wish to solicit competitors’ employees, or fending off employment raids
Besides advising on transactions, Bob’s practice includes extensive experience counseling and resolving disputes among business owners, developing management, and ownership succession plans, tax planning as well as advising on operational and regulatory matters among corporations and partnerships.
Often, in his de facto capacity as “outside” general counsel, Bob advises clients concerning a myriad of business operational contracts, such as distribution, sourcing, warehousing, sales representative, and commission sales agent contracts, as well as creating tailored compensation and bonus plans.