Rich has a strong track record in intellectual property law, specializing in all stages of the patenting process for mechanical arts and technologies. He helps clients build patent portfolios, avoid or invalidate competitor patents, and defend against infringement claims.
Through his extensive experience with utility and design patents, Rich has become a trusted, long-term business partner to producers and manufacturers. Rich works closely with clients, providing meaningful guidance on their U.S. and international patent strategies. Clients value his responsiveness as well as his practical and timely advice, and rely on him to manage all of their patent-related needs.
Rich’s work is regularly honored by regional and national ranking organizations. In 2014, he was named a “Leader in The Field” by Chambers USA and in 2015 he was named an “IP Star” by Managing Intellectual Property magazine.
Rich’s intellectual property law practice is broad, including:
- Patentability searching, analysis and counseling
- Application preparation
- Application prosecution before relevant offices
Infringement and validity analysis
- Counseling clients toward non-infringing designs
- Preparation of non-infringement/invalidity opinions
- Monitoring competitive patent activity
- Counseling on enforcement of patent rights
- Inter-partes review proceedings
- Re-examination proceedings
- European opposition proceedings
- Litigation support in infringement cases
Intellectual property agreements
- Product development