Mason is an Associate in Michael Best’s Litigation practice. He represents companies both large and small, helping them navigate all stages of civil litigation and reorganization. Mason is eager to assert and defend his clients’ rights, even in the courtroom. When financial disaster strikes or insolvency is unavoidable, he is prepared to guide his clients through the bankruptcy process and towards a fresh start.
Prior to joining Michael Best, Mason gained valuable experience working as a law clerk at a boutique bankruptcy firm. During law school Mason joined the Frank J. Remington Center to hone his advocacy skills in two litigation-focused legal clinics, the Criminal Appeals Project and the Constitutional Litigation, Appeals, and Sentencing Project. Mason brings these experiences, his military attention to detail, and his passion for service to the Litigation team at Michael Best.
Mason serves as a First Lieutenant (Infantry) in the Wisconsin Army National Guard. Before pursuing his career in law, he served as a police officer for the City of Madison, Wisconsin.
Honors & Recognitions
- Habush Habush & Rottier Outstanding Trial Advocacy Award, 2022
- Ray and Ethel Brown Award for Character, Leadership, and Service, 2021
- Susan Steingass Second-Year Outstanding Trial Advocacy Award, 2021
- Adjunct Instructor, Legal Studies/Paralegal Program, Madison College
- Member, Advisory Board, Madison College Legal Studies/Paralegal Program
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Wisconsin Association of African-American Lawyers