Mark serves as a trusted advisor to individuals, family fiduciaries and businesses. Clients turn to him for his deep experience representing both businesses and individuals in tax and succession planning, along with disputes with state and federal tax authorities. His wealth management practice also includes:
- Asset protection planning
- Family wealth transfers
- Wealth preservation
- Business and ownership succession planning
- Estate planning
- Trust and estate litigation
- Tax dispute resolution
Mark serves on the boards of directors of several closely held businesses and family foundations. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
Mark has served as an adjunct professor for the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Lubar School of Business and has taught numerous estate and income tax planning courses for American Law Institute, Notre Dame Estate Planning Institute, Wisconsin Institute of CPAs, National Law Institute, Northwestern Mutual, the Wisconsin and North Carolina State Bars and other professional and community organizations.
Honors & Recognitions
Mark has been acknowledged in The Best Lawyers in America® for trusts and estates since 2002. He has been recognized every year since 2005 on the “Wisconsin Super Lawyers” list in the area of estate planning and probate by Super Lawyers Magazine, a Law & Politics publication.
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Member, Business Planning Committee
- Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust law section of State Bar of Wisconsin, Former Board of Director
- Member, Society of Financial Service Professionals, Former President
- Member, American Bar Association, Committee on Estate Planning for Closely‑Held Business Owners, Section of Real Property and Probate
- Member, Waukesha Estate Planning Council, Former President
- Member, Milwaukee Estate Planning Counselor’s Forum
- Member, Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Member, Milwaukee Bar Association, Former Chairperson, Tax Section
- Member, Waukesha County Community Foundation Advisory Council