Marie counsels clients in a broad range of complex business litigation matters, including commercial contract disputes, business torts, real estate matters, trademark infringement, and class action defense. She also has substantial property tax litigation experience at both the trial court and appellate levels.
Prior to joining Michael Best, Marie was an intern for Justice Ann Walsh Bradley in the Wisconsin Supreme Court. She also served as an intern in the Drug Unit at the Dane County District Attorney’s Office, an extern in the Civil Litigation Unit at the Wisconsin Department of Justice, and a student attorney for the Wisconsin Innocence Project.
Recent representations include:
- Representing a major commercial property owner in obtaining a substantial property tax refund that was upheld on appeal.
- Representing a major manufacturing company in achieving early settlement of a putative FLSA class action.
- Representing a hotel entity in obtaining dismissal of various breach of contract, fraud, and trade secret misappropriation claims.
- Representing an industrial dairy farming operation in a complex property dispute.
- Representing a former inmate prosecuting an excessive force claim under 42 U.S. Code § 1983, through jury trial in federal court.
- Representing various corporate entities, including a major grocery store chain and a prominent telecommunications company, in complex property tax assessment challenges.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers®, "Ones to Watch" (Milwaukee Area), Commercial Litigation and Tax Law, 2021
- The Midwest’s Best Lawyers©, Commercial Litigation and Tax Law, 2021
- Member, Wisconsin State Bar
- Member, Milwaukee Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Volunteer, Milwaukee Justice Center
- Member, American Property Tax Counsel
- Member, Thomas E. Fairchild American Inn of Court
- Member, Association for Women Lawyers
- Member, Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association