Lyndon advises businesses and government entities on a broad spectrum of corporate and transactional issues. Known to his clients as an informed and experienced businessman who is also a lawyer, he helps them with corporate and commercial matters including compliance with securities laws, buying and selling businesses, and creating and organizing new lines of business.
He often serves as general counsel to his clients, creating and quarterbacking customized legal teams for each client to advise them on all matters businesses and government entities face such as executive compensation, contracts, real estate, environmental, litigation, tax, tax increment, open and public meeting laws, joint ventures and strategic alliances, and technology licensing.
Lyndon’s representative experience includes:
- Represented a wholesale electrical products distribution corporation in its $250 million sale to a private international company.
- Represented an e-commerce corporation in its $75 million sale to a public company.
- Represented various corporations and limited liability companies in raising capital, from $1 million to $100 million, and prepared the necessary disclosure documents.
- Represented a minor league baseball corporation in acquiring a franchise for the team, obtaining approval from the league, and negotiating with the city to build and lease a stadium. Lyndon also assisted with formation of the entity, preparing the disclosure documents for the entity to raise capital, acquiring the team, securing rights to play in the stadium, and securing affiliation with a major league team.
- Quarterbacked the litigation team in a matter regarding interpretation of the “Ripper Clause” and constitutionality of the state legislative act creating a state entity.
- Represented a state entity in regards to negotiation and revision of donation agreements, lease agreements, tax sharing agreements, and development agreements to provide hotel rooms for low cost use by military personnel in connection with development of a new ski resort.
- Represented a private-sector international non-profit in a variety of corporate, privacy, and cybersecurity matters.
- Assisted two newly created state entities in board appointment and organization and the drafting and board adoption of organizing resolutions approving the budget, adopting policies regarding procurement, electronic meetings and public comment and delegation of authority.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law, Securities / Capital Markets Law, 2020–present
- Silver Beaver Award, Boy Scouts of America – Great Salt Lake Council, 2011
- Utah Legal Elite, Securities Law, Utah Business magazine, 2007–2014, 2018–2020
- Martindale-Hubbell© AV Preeminent Rated since the mid 90’s
- Chair, Utah Securities Commission, 2023
- Appointment by Utah Governor (with Utah Senate confirmation), Utah Securities Commission, 2019-Present
- Member, Utah State Bar
- Member, Business Law Section
- Member, Securities Section
- Securities Section Chairman, 1996–1997
- Securities Section Officer, 1993–1997
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society