Louise handles U.S. and international trademark clearance, prosecution, maintenance, licensing, due diligence, and enforcement, including opposition and cancellation proceedings before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. She has particular expertise with respect to trade dress protection and enforcement.
Louise counsels clients in a variety of industries, including an iconic designer and manufacturer of furniture, a children’s educational toy company, a championship winning sports team, a world leader in power tools, outdoor power equipment, and floor care appliances, a record label, and investment firms.
As a trusted advisor, Louise is known for providing clients with practical, cost-effective advice. Before becoming an attorney, Louise worked in the trademark department for pharmaceutical giant Abbott Laboratories, giving her an insider perspective on the issues many of her clients face.
Clients also turn to Louise for strategic guidance on all aspects of copyright prosecution and enforcement and Louise routinely advises clients on contractual and intellectual property matters related to music and entertainment.
Outside of her robust practice, she is an adjunct professor at the Chicago-Kent College of Law where she teaches Legal Writing IV with a focus on trademark and copyright law. Louise also serves as President of the Auxiliary Board of Northwestern Memorial Hospital, is a member of the Friends of Lurie Cancer Center Advisory Board, and regularly volunteers on inpatient floors at the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center offering beauty services to patients undergoing chemotherapy and stem cell transplants.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers®, "Ones to Watch" (Chicago Area), Intellectual Property Law, 2021
- The Midwest’s Best Lawyers©, Intellectual Property Law, 2021
- Emerging Lawyer, Leading Lawyers – Chicago Region, 2017-present
- During law school, Louise received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in E-Commerce.
- Adjunct Professor, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Legal Writing IV-Intellectual Property (Trademark & Copyright)
- Board Member, Friends of Lurie Cancer Center Advisory Board, 2020-Present
- Board Member, The Auxiliary Board of Northwestern Memorial Hospital, 2015-2021
- President, 2018- 2021
- Vice President of Program Selection, 2017-2018
- Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations, 2016-2017
- Member, Richard Linn American Inn of Court, 2018-Present
- Pupilage Group Co-Chair, 2020-Present
- Member, International Trademark Association, 2014-Present
- Publications Committee- Resources Review Subcommittee, 2020-Present
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Intellectual Property Committee Young Lawyers Section, 2014-2018
- Legislative Liaison, Intellectual Property Committee Young Lawyers Section, 2013-2014