Lisa represents employers in regard to the full spectrum of labor and employment issues. Widely recognized for her work in employment litigation, she has achieved an enviable record of success in all types of civil and commercial disputes.
Lisa concentrates her practice on:
- Representing employers in all types of employment disputes, including contract disputes
- Drafting employment contracts
- Drafting employment policies and procedures
- Appealing both civil litigation and administrative proceedings
- Defending against employment discrimination claims
- Representing clients in non-compete and trade secret cases, including obtaining and defending against temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions
Lisa writes and speaks on topics ranging from dealing with troubled and troubling employees to employer implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
Notable matters include:
- Obtaining summary judgment in favor of a pharmaceutical client in an employment discrimination claim in federal court
- Obtaining a voluntary dismissal of a discrimination claim against a nursing home client before the Utah Anti-Discrimination and Labor Division
- Successfully representing a home health care company in arbitration against an insurer’s demand for reimbursement of Medicaid payments. The arbitrator ruled that the insurance company could not recover its fees in the arbitration forum.
- Successfully representing home health care company client against a former employer who sued for breach of a non-compete and violation of trade secrets. Lisa’s client prevailed in defending against injunctive relief sought by the former employer.
- Obtaining a dismissal of claims against a recycling company client sued by former employees for age discrimination
Honors & Recognitions
- Leading Labor & Employment Lawyer, Chambers USA, 2017
- Utah Legal Elite, Labor & Employment, Utah Business magazine, 2008-present
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2016-present
- Top 100 Lawyer, Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2015
- Top 50 Woman Lawyer, Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2013-2015
- Mountain States Super Lawyer, Employment and Labor, 2012-2017
- Women Leaders in the Law, ALM, 2015
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, 2009-2015
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Test Accommodations Review Panel, Utah State Bar
- Member, Women Lawyers of Utah
- Member, the Employer’s Council
- Member, David K. Watkiss—Sutherland II Inn of Court
- Chair of the Labor and Employment Section of Utah State Bar, 2003-2004