Leah oversees day-to-day operations of the Trademark Intellectual Property Administrator support group. In this role she:
- Develops manuals, guidelines, training programs, and best practices to establish a standard operating procedure for Trademark IP Administrators.
- Coordinates workflow and manages distribution of work by assigning projects.
- Maintains filings and docket responsibilities to ensure clients are supported.
- Stays aware of updates to laws, regulations, and fees related to IP prosecution in the U.S. and globally.
- Acts as liaison between attorneys and IP Trademark Administrators to ensure effective use of Administrators.
Prior to joining Michael Best, Leah was an IP Paralegal at Danone US, LLC where she successfully transferred all U.S. trademarks from an outside law firm to an in-house docketing system. Leah also served as the primary trademark Paralegal at Nike, Inc. for all prosecution work in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) geographic region for Nike’s core trademarks. Leah also did all clearance reviews for Nike Sportswear business.