Lauren is a Partner in the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group. With over a decade of experience, Lauren provides strategic guidance to clients in the construction industry, including contractors, design professionals, owners, and home inspectors, among others. Specifically, she delivers pragmatic advice and representation through matters involving:
- complex construction litigation, including defect and payment disputes;
- advising clients on risk avoidance procedures;
- assisting construction clients with perfecting lien claims;
- negotiating and preparing construction contracts for general contractors, construction managers, architects, engineers, consultants, and other professionals;
- defending home inspectors against claims of property owners; and
- drafting and reviewing commercial leases for local and national corporations.
Additionally, Lauren has experience in the Banking & Financial Services Industry assisting with the documentation process of new loans, amending existing loans, and restructuring troubled loans for lenders. She has worked on numerous multi-million dollar loan transactions and high-level workouts for local and national banks.
Prior to joining Michael Best, Lauren was a Partner in the Construction, Real Estate, and Banking groups at a Midwest-based law firm.