Lauren is a Partner in the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group. With over a decade of experience, Lauren provides strategic guidance to clients in the construction industry, including contractors, design professionals, owners, and home inspectors, among others. Specifically, she delivers pragmatic advice and representation through matters involving:
- complex construction litigation, including defect and payment disputes;
- advising clients on risk avoidance procedures;
- assisting construction clients with perfecting lien claims;
- negotiating and preparing construction contracts for general contractors, construction managers, architects, engineers, consultants, and other professionals;
- defending home inspectors against claims of property owners; and
- drafting and reviewing commercial leases for local and national corporations.
Additionally, Lauren has experience in the Banking & Financial Services Industry assisting with the documentation process of new loans, amending existing loans, and restructuring troubled loans for lenders. She has worked on numerous multi-million dollar loan transactions and high-level workouts for local and national banks.
Prior to joining Michael Best, Lauren was a Partner in the Construction, Real Estate, and Banking groups at a Midwest-based law firm.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Banking and Finance Law, Construction Law, Real Estate Law, 2020-2021
- The Midwest’s Best Lawyers©, Banking and Finance Law, Construction Law, Real Estate Law, 2021
- Women in Construction, The Daily Reporter, 2019
- “Up and Coming Lawyer,” Wisconsin Law Journal, 2015
- Member, American Bar Association’s Forum on Construction Law, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Advisor and Member, State Bar of Wisconsin, Construction and Public Law Section
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Participant, Women in Commercial Real Estate Wisconsin (WCREW)
- Participant, Commercial Association of Realtors Wisconsin (CARW)
- Participant, National Association for Women Lawyers in Construction (NAWIC)
- Participant, Association for Women Lawyers (AWL)
- Participant, Wisconsin Underground Contractors Association (WUCA)
- Member, American Bar Association