Laura regularly represents clients in opposition, cancellation, and infringement proceedings before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) and global courts and trademark offices.
- Represented plaintiff in the first-ever TTAB decision finding a color to be generic.
- Defended registration of investment firm name before TTAB. Opposition dismissed.
- Represented hair styling and grooming tool manufacturer in trade dress and trademark infringement litigation.
- Represented non-profit community development organization in trademark infringement litigation related to organization name.
- Represented private liberal arts college in trademark infringement litigation.
- Represented tool manufacturer in trademark infringement litigation and TTAB proceedings against apparel manufacturer.
- Represented U.S. pharmaceutical company in trademark infringement litigation against international pharmaceutical company.
- Represented surrogacy agency in trademark infringement litigation related to agency name.
- Represented renewable energy company in trademark infringement litigation related to company name.
Laura also has considerable experience with domain name disputes and counsels clients on other Internet-related intellectual property matters. She successfully represented clients in many arbitration proceedings under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) and Uniform Rapid Suspension System (URS). She regularly assists with strategic registration and acquisition of domain names and enforcement of intellectual property rights online and on social media.