Kirk’s practice focuses on legal issues related to all aspects of the employment cycle, from hiring through termination and severance. Substantially experienced in both benefits and employment law, Kirk is well positioned to help clients respond to the opportunities, vulnerabilities and benefit ramifications of particular employment decisions.
Kirk’s focus includes:
- Developing and maintaining effective compliance strategies related to defined benefit plans, defined contribution plans, executive compensation and welfare benefit plans
- Counseling clients on Affordable Care Act (ACA), COBRA, and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance
- Advising clients on Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and disability compliance
- Helping clients maintain tax-qualified plan status
- Representing clients in workplace issues involving workplace discrimination, return to work and accommodation
- Advising clients on ERISA withdrawal liability