Clients benefit from Kevin’s strong background navigating a variety of commercial real estate and real estate finance transactions.
Kevin provides representation in the purchase, sale, and development of a variety of real estate projects, including multifamily housing, industrial, office, and mixed use developments. He counsels lenders and borrowers through the full spectrum of real estate financing transactions, such as those involving state and federal historic tax credits, New Market Tax Credits (NMTC), Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), HUD insured financing, and traditional mortgage financing.
Kevin’s experience extends to traditional and renewable energy (wind, solar, and biomass) projects, including renewable energy lease negotiation and easements and development matters.
- Represented a real estate developer in the acquisition, financing, and historic rehabilitation of a former mill, which included low income housing tax credits, federal and state historic rehabilitation tax credits, opportunity zone equity, housing trust fund financing, and traditional construction financing.
- Represented an international manufacturing company in a series of sale leaseback transactions across multiple states.
- Represented a real estate developer in the sale of multiple multifamily housing projects, including the assignment and assumption of HUD insured and state housing authority issued financing.
- Represented a solar energy developer in the acquisition of easements and site control for approximately 6,000 acres of land for solar energy development.
- Represented a hotel developer in the new markets tax credit and federal historic rehabilitation tax credit financing for the rehabilitation of a historic building.
- Represented a major metropolitan port authority in the ground leasing of airport land for a national airline’s construction of a hangar.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Member, The Water Council
- Member, Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce