Katrina is a partner and leader of the firm’s trademark team who serves as a valued advisor to companies seeking to establish and protect intellectual property in the global marketplace.
Clients appreciate her responsiveness, as well as her practical advice for resolving problems quickly and cost effectively.
With a strong affinity for actions that minimize both risk and litigation, Katrina helps businesses develop global trademark protection strategies, including registration of brands and enforcement of rights. She has successfully helped clients secure trademark registrations and enforce trademark rights throughout the world. Within the U.S., Katrina’s practice encompasses registration, as well as protection of non-traditional marks, such as product configuration, building décor, color, and other types of trade dress.
Katrina’s experience with intellectual property issues is broad, spanning the financial services, consumer products and manufacturing industries, as well as educational institutions and restaurants. Her work includes:
- Domestic and international trademark prosecution
- Trademark clearance searching and counseling
- Trademark protection strategies, including monitoring and rights enforcement
- Defense against trademark and trade dress infringements
- Trademark and trade dress enforcement in U.S. federal courts
- Opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB)
- Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDPR) proceedings to recover domain names
- Copyright registration, enforcement and infringement defense
- Advising and assisting on cases presented to the National Advertising Division (NAD) of the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Counseling on related issues, including advertising reviews and disputes, rights of publicity, protection of marks on social media and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) take-down notices for online infringements