Justin represents a variety of corporations, interest groups, political figures, and other entities with respect to state and federal election law, ethics, campaign finance, internal investigations, crisis communications, Congressional oversight, and other areas.
Prior to joining Michael Best, Justin served in the Donald J. Trump administration as a Deputy Assistant to the President heading the Office of Intergovernmental Affairs and the Office of Public Liaison. In addition to his positions in the White House and as a Senior Political Advisor and Senior Counsel to the President’s re-election campaign, Justin has served as a key advisor and counsel to a number of other high-profile political campaigns and committees in presidential, gubernatorial, and senate election cycles.
Previously, Justin was a founding partner of a Connecticut-based law firm where he focused his practice on litigation in state and federal trial and appellate courts. He also provided general counsel services to clients, advised them on compliance matters, and represented them before various regulatory bodies. After earning his law degree from the University of Connecticut School of Law, Justin served as a law clerk to Justice Peter T. Zarella of the Connecticut Supreme Court.
In 2018, Justin was named to the Politico Playbook Power List as one of nineteen people across the country who are positioned to play a critical role in the political landscape leading up to 2020 elections.
Justin has significant experience advising high-profile elected officials and political campaigns, including the following:
- Executive Office of The President, Washington, DC
- Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Public Liaison, March 2018 – December 2018
- Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Intergovernmental Affairs, January 2017 – March 2018
- Trump For America - Presidential Transition Team, Washington, DC
- Director of Agency Action, November 2016 – January 2017
- Donald Trump For President, New York, NY
- Deputy National Political Director, March 2016 – December 2016
- Chris Christie For President, Morristown, NJ
- Director of Operations and Budget, July 2015 – February 2016
- Matt Bevin For Governor, Louisville, KY
- General Counsel, May 2015
- Tom Foley For Governor, Southington, CT
- Campaign Manager, December 2009 – November 2010; January 2014 – November 2014
- Connecticut Republican Party, Hartford, CT
- General Counsel, August 2011 – September 2013
- Judicial Review Council, State of Connecticut
- Member, January 2009 – January 2013
- Linda McMahon For Senate, North Haven, CT
- Political Director, March 2012 – November 2012