Josh focuses his practice on commercial and industrial real estate transactions as well as general real estate and property law concerns. He takes a collaborative and business-centric approach to counseling clients, putting their goals and challenges at the forefront, and providing sound legal advice tailored to their needs. Whether handling a discreet matter or navigating a complex transaction, Josh is committed to helping his clients grow and thrive.
Examples of Josh’s recent representations include the following:
- Advised private real estate investors with 1031 “like-kind” exchange transactions and associated leasing matters involving the purchase or sales of national franchise locations, commercial condominiums, office spaces, and medical practices
- Represented seller through the disposition and subsequent lease negotiations for the sale-leaseback of a 45,000 sq. ft. industrial tool manufacturing facility
- Represented tenant through their lease termination dispute with a national property management company, which resulted with tenant receiving their desired early lease termination, full return of security deposit, and additional rent credits
- Assisted Chicago-based hospitality chain with matters including property acquisitions, real estate casualty issues, and historic property zoning and rehabilitation matters
- Advised a wholesale food distribution company on securing development and rehabilitation tax incentives related to the purchase of a 91,000 sq. ft. office, warehouse, and distribution center
- Assisted in the purchase of a 500,000 sq. ft. industrial land site by a global commercial real estate investment firm through forecasting property tax liability scenarios resulting from the acquisition, demolition, construction, and leasing of new office and warehouse developments
In addition to his real estate practice, Josh also represents both nonprofit organizations and for-profit companies in a range of business transactions and related matters, including preparing and negotiating contracts, business formation, registration of nonprofits, and more.