Joe has a strong track record in representing clients in a variety of commercial litigation matters with a focus on distressed assets, workouts, bankruptcies, receiverships, and other insolvency proceedings. In particular, Joe has extensive experience counseling banks, corporations, secured, and unsecured creditors in:
- Workouts, with a focus on, forbearance agreements, loan restructuring, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, asset liquidation, and other out-of-court remedies.
- Insolvency and collection matters ranging from large Chapter 11 and Chapter 12 bankruptcies to state court receivership, garnishment, replevin, and collection actions.
- Wisconsin Chapter 128 receivership proceedings.
- Preferential transfer and avoidance actions.
- Uniform Commercial Code litigation and foreclosures focusing on establishing, preserving, and enforcing lien rights.
- Commercial and residential foreclosures, including farming and agricultural properties.
- Commercial contract disputes and theft by contractor litigation.
- Construction disputes and preservation of lien rights.
- Permitting and regulatory matters before the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and Department of Administration.
Joe is also a certified American Bankers Association Bank Solutions Provider.
Prior to joining Michael Best, Joe worked as a law clerk, assisting with legal research and civil and criminal jury trials. He also served as a research assistant and legislative aide within the Wisconsin State Assembly and interned with the Wisconsin Supreme Court.