Jordan represents founders, start-ups, investors, and executives, helping them navigate all aspects of the corporate life cycle, including venture capital Series A-Z equity rounds, convertible note and SAFE financings, business formations, founders agreements, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, securities law compliance, and commercial technology transactions.
Jordan focuses his practice in the technology sector, including the areas of ecommerce (direct-to-consumer and consumer packaged goods), Software as a Service (SaaS), Social Media and Influencers, Internet of Things, Sustainable Energy, Life Sciences (biotechnology and medical devices), and more.
Before joining Michael Best, he led the tech start-up and venture capital group in the Chicago office of McDonald Hopkins, a Midwest law firm. Earlier in his career, Jordan was an associate with Fenwick & West in San Francisco for three years. He also spent four years at Kirkland & Ellis in New York City, where he worked in their technology start-up, private equity, and M&A practice groups
Jordan has represented clients in the following previous transactions:
- Represented GRAIL, Inc., leader in early cancer detection technology, as lead counsel in its $300M Series C financing. Also served as point associate in GRAIL’s $900M Series B financing, and in its acquisition of Cirina Limited.
- Represented Samsara Networks Inc., a creator of internet connected sensor systems, in its $25 million Series A financing, in its $14 million Series B financing, and in its $40 million Series C financing.
- Represented Winston Privacy, Inc. as lead counsel in its seed financing raise.
- Represented Uber Technologies, Inc. in its acquisition of Shadowmaps, Inc., an urban mapping algorithm developer.
- Represented Spansion Inc., a semiconductor maker, in its $4 billion merger with Cypress Semiconductor Corporation.
- Represented Quantifind, Inc., an on-demand insights platform, in its $30 million financing.
- Represented Stormpath, Inc., a powerful identity API platform, in its $15 million Series B financing.
- Represented Cisco Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in networking, in its acquisition of Metacloud, Inc.
- Represented FanDuel Inc., the (then) largest one-day fantasy sports operator, in its acquisition of AlphaDraft.
- Represented Zuora, Inc., an enterprise subscription management and pricing implementation software, in its acquisition of Frontleaf, Inc.
- Represented FX Alliance, an electronic foreign exchange trading and data platform, in its $700 million sale (effectuated by public tender offer) to Thomson Reuters.
- Represented 3i Group plc and its portfolio company Mold-Masters in the CAD$975 million sale of Mold-Masters, a provider of plastics molding systems, to Milacron LLC.
- Represented Apax Partners in its $2 billion dual-leveraged acquisition of Epicor Software (effectuated by public tender offer) and Activant Group, software solution providers.
- Represented Catterton Partners in its growth equity investment in Ainsworth Pet Nutrition, Inc., a leader in pet food licensing, manufacturing, and distribution.
- Represented TZP Group in its acquisition of Thing5, a provider of cloud-based and hosted communications services to the hospitality industry.
- Represented Boeing in its acquisition of Miro Technologies, a provider of innovative asset and supply chain management software.
- Represented Catterton Partners in its acquisition of CorePower Yoga, a leading U.S. yoga studio operator.
- Represented Deliv, Inc., a leading crowdsourced, last mile delivery company, in its acquisition of Zipments Corp.
- Represented ABRY Partners in its acquisition of Xand Corporation, a provider of data center and cloud services, and Xand’s subsequent merger with Access Northeast.
- Represented CINGroup in its acquisition of Best Case, a bankruptcy software provider, from Wolters Kluwer.
- Represented ABRY Partners in its buyout of York Risk Services Group, Ohio’s largest third-party administrator of insurance claims, and subsequent add-on acquisitions of Avizent and CareWorks.
- Represented early-stage startups on dozens of other confidential Series A-F financings, convertible note, SAFE, and Series Seed financings.
Honors & Recognitions
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2020-present
- Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars – Corporate Practice, 2017
- Member, American Bar Association