Jonathan brings a deep technical knowledge of complex electrical and computer technologies and a comprehensive analytical approach to problem solving to all phases of patent prosecution and patent litigation.
Jonathan has considerable experience in wireless communication technologies, such as broadband communication networks including Long-Term Evolution (LTE), narrowband networks including Land Mobile Radio (LMR), and wireless local area networks including Wi-Fi, ZigBee, and Z-Wave. His focus includes:
- Advising clients on patentability
- Drafting utility patent applications
- Prosecuting United States and international patent applications
- Analyzing the technical operation of commercial products
- Preparing claim charts for multiple patent litigation matters
Prior to joining Michael Best, Jonathan was a design engineer at Argonne National Laboratory, where he developed firmware and hardware for high-speed data transfer systems used in high-energy physics research. He has also worked as a technical consultant for a Chicago-based litigation and business services law firm, where he provided technical background information for patent litigation matters.