Jonathan brings a deep technical knowledge of complex electrical and computer technologies and a comprehensive analytical approach to problem solving to all phases of patent prosecution and patent litigation.
Jonathan has considerable experience in electrical and computer technologies such as embedded systems, computer architectures, vehicle control systems, theater lighting, LED lighting systems, MEMS microphones, and electrical transformers. His focus includes:
- Advising clients on patentability
- Drafting utility patent applications
- Prosecuting United States and international patent applications
- Analyzing the technical operation of commercial products
- Preparing claim charts for multiple patent litigation matters
- Assisting in the preparation of expert witness declarations and expert witness depositions
Prior to joining Michael Best, Jonathan was a design engineer at Argonne National Laboratory, where he developed firmware and hardware for high-speed data transfer systems used in high-energy physics research. He has also worked as a technical consultant for a Chicago-based litigation and business services law firm, where he provided technical background information for patent litigation matters.