Jennifer has focused her career on providing proactive advice and counsel and assisting her clients navigate the laws that govern the employee-employer relationship.
Clients rely on Jennifer for her sound counsel on a wide range of employment laws arising under state and federal law, including:
- Title VII
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Wisconsin Fair Employment Act
- The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act and The Wisconsin Business Closing and Mass Layoff Law
- Wisconsin wage and hour and wage payment laws
She also advises clients in discipline and terminations and on employment policies and handbooks.
In addition, Jennifer defends employers in employment litigation and against administrative charges, predominantly in the areas of discrimination, leave, and wage and hour. She has experience in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, the Wisconsin Equal Rights Division, and the Wisconsin Division of Labor Standards.
Prior to joining Michael Best, Jennifer was a Partner in the Milwaukee office of a national labor and employment law firm.