Clients rely on Jason for strategic counsel regarding a broad range of employee benefits and executive compensation matters, including:
- Qualified defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, including pension and 401(k) plans
- Health and welfare plans, including Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act compliance
- Nonqualified deferred compensation plans
- Multiemployer pension and health and welfare plans
- Compliance with the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and Internal Revenue Code
Clients benefit from Jason’s unique background and perspective gained from former experience in the employee benefits practice of a large international law firm, as in-house counsel for one of the nation’s largest multiemployer Taft-Hartley defined benefit pension plans, as a compliance associate for a benefits, compensation, and human resources consulting firm, and as an extern with the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of Benefits Tax Counsel.