Eliana oversees day-to-day operations of the IP Patent Administrator team. In this role she:
- Coordinates workflow, manages distribution of work, establishes priorities, and assigns projects as needed.
- Creates and implements standard operation procedures by developing guidelines, training programs, and best practices.
- Acts as liaison between attorneys and IP Patent Administrators to ensure effective use of Administrators.
- Ensures firm policies are practiced and followed.
- Stays aware of updates to laws, regulations, and fees related to IP prosecution in the U.S. and globally.
- Coordinates with Docketing Department on new client intakes and transfers.
Eliana’s other responsibilities include:
- Prepares Information Disclosure Statements for submission to the USPTO.
- Researches and maintains extensive libraries of prior art for both internal and client purposes.
- Regularly corresponds with clients to obtain supporting documentation required for patent prosecution.
Prior to becoming an IP Administrator Supervisor, Eliana previously served as the IDS Coordinator, an IP Administrator, and a Billing Specialist for the firm. She joined Michael Best in 2007.