Brad counsels clients on mergers and acquisitions, federal and state securities law compliance, forming and financing startup businesses and matters relating to the sale of cryptocurrencies and digital tokens. He has extensive experience in private placements and other private securities transactions, Rule 506 offerings, and corporate governance matters.
In addition to serving as Of Counsel to Michael Best, Brad serves as the General Counsel to Financial Data Exchange, LLC – a Delaware nonprofit organization that is dedicated to unifying the financial industry around a common, interoperable and royalty-free standard for the secure access of user permissioned financial data, aptly named the FDX API. FDX has an international membership that includes financial institutions, financial data aggregators, fintechs, payment networks, consumer groups, financial industry groups and utilities and other permissioned parties in the user permissioned financial data ecosystem.
Representative matters include:
- Represents multiple companies in the private placement of securities, debt and investment contracts
- Represents buy and sell side entities in mergers, asset acquisitions and other business combinations
- Represent early-stage formation companies with their formation, financing and contractual needs
- General corporate services (contract review and preparation, transaction structuring, legal compliance and negotiations)
Before joining the firm, Brad was an attorney with Holme Roberts & Owen in Salt Lake City, Utah; Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison LLP in Boulder, Colorado; Dow, Lohnes & Albertson PLLC in Washington, D.C.; and Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft in New York City.
Honors & Recognitions
- Utah Legal Elite, Mergers & Acquisitions, Utah Business magazine, 2017-present
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Corporate Law & Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2015-present
- Leading Corporate/M&A Lawyer, Chambers USA, 2006-present
- Mountain States Rising Star, Super Lawyers magazine
- Securities Law Section Officer of the Utah State Bar, 2018 – 2020
- Former Chairman of Securities Law Section, 2008
- Member, Utah State Bar, Colorado State Bar, and New York State Bar
- Member, Securities Law and Business Sections of Utah State Bar
- Professional Advisor to the Start-Up Clinic at Brigham Young University Law School
- Panelist and Presenter, “Everything You Need To Know When Your Client Wants to Set Up A Small Private Fund,” Utah Securities Bar Conference, October, 2021