Brad counsels clients on mergers and acquisitions, federal and state securities law compliance, forming and financing startup businesses and matters relating to the sale of cryptocurrencies and digital tokens. He has extensive experience in private placements and other private securities transactions, Rule 506 offerings, and corporate governance matters.
Brad is the Chair-Elect to the Utah Bar Securities Section. He frequently speaks and publishes articles regarding corporate startup, securities law compliance, cryptocurrencies, and capital raising matters.
Representative matters include:
- Represents multiple companies in the private placement of securities, debt and investment contracts
- Represents buy and sell side entities in mergers, asset acquisitions and other business combinations
- Represent early-stage formation companies with their formation, financing and contractual needs
- General corporate services (contract review and preparation, transaction structuring, legal compliance and negotiations)
Before joining the firm, Brad was an attorney with Holme Roberts & Owen in Salt Lake City, Utah; Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison LLP in Boulder, Colorado; Dow, Lohnes & Albertson PLLC in Washington, D.C.; and Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft in New York City.
Honors & Recognitions
- Utah Legal Elite, Mergers & Acquisitions, Utah Business magazine, 2017-present
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Corporate Law & Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2015-present
- Leading Corporate/M&A Lawyer, Chambers USA, 2006-present
- Mountain States Rising Star, Super Lawyers magazine
- Current Chair Elect, Securities Law Section of the Utah State Bar (Former Chairman of Securities Law Section, 2008)
- Member, Utah State Bar, Colorado State Bar, and New York State Bar;
- Member, Securities Law and Business Sections of Utah State Bar
- Professional Advisor to the Start-Up Clinic at Brigham Young University Law School