Brad counsels clients on mergers and acquisitions, federal and state securities law compliance, forming and financing startup businesses and real estate matters. He has extensive experience in private placements and other private securities transactions, Rule 506 offerings, and corporate governance matters.
Brad speaks frequently regarding corporate startup and capital raising matters and publishes prolifically on related topics.
Representative matters include:
- Represents real estate companies in the acquisition, sale and financing of commercial and residential properties
- Represents multiple companies in the private placement of securities, debt and investment contracts
- Represents buy and sell side entities in mergers, asset acquisitions and other business combinations
- Represent early-stage formation companies with their formation, financing and contractual needs
- General corporate services (contract review and preparation, transaction structuring, legal compliance and negotiations)
Before joining the firm, Brad was an attorney with Holme Roberts & Owen in Salt Lake City, Utah; Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison LLP in Boulder, Colorado; Dow, Lohnes & Albertson PLLC in Washington, D.C.; and Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft in New York City.
Honors & Recognitions
- Leading Corporate/M&A Lawyer, Chambers USA, 2006-present
- Mountain States Rising Star, Super Lawyers magazine
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law & Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2015-present
- Utah Legal Elite, Utah Business magazine
- Member, Utah State Bar
- Member, Securities Law and Business Sections
- Officer and Chairman, Securities Law Section, 2003-2008, 2017
- Mentor to BYU Entrepreneurial Program